PHILATELY OF REPUBLIC OF SRPSKA
Postal stamps of Republic of Srpska
The first series of stamps on which there was an inscription "REPUBLIC OF SRPSKA" issued on 26th of October 1992. Before this date, the franking of parcels in post offices of Republic of Srpska used are valid postage stamps of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
First set of stamps with the inscription Republic of Srpska
- It is an additional issue of 11 stamps, later called "Banja Luka provisory," which consisted of reprints of regular stamps Yugoslavia.
- this edition was used for franking items only in the western part of Srpska, while in other areas, until the beginning of 1993, were used stamps of Yugoslavia.
11th of January 1993:
- released in sale the first authentic edition of postage stamps RS (among philatelists known as the "first fiddle").
- "referendum "on the first (tentatively), commemorative edition dedicated to a referendum of the Serbian people in RS on the Vance-Owen peace plan.
- This edition consisted of three stamps of regular editions of "first fiddle", on which are placed a nominal value, the inscriptions "Referendum" and "15 -16.05.'93."
- It should be noted that the value of these stamps very quickly devalued inflation, so they were used less than 90 days.
Today, there is very small number of original letters with stamps of "Referendum", so it is a true jewel of the Republic of Srpska stamp collections.
9th of January 1994:
- First, let's call the "right" commemorative issue stamps of Republic of Srpska. This is a stamp dedicated to Statehood Day of RS, where there is a motive mural with the image of St. Stephen.
- From this series of postage stamps in the publishing of postal stamps of Republic of Srpska began to dominate the commemorative issues. Year is going out between 6 and 14 commemorative issues and one or two regular issues.
- follow the cultural and sport events and issue regular and commemorative stamps.
- participate in the philatelic exhibitions throughout Europe and the world, promoting the company and country.
- Post Office every year traditionally organize the competition of the most beautiful postage stamps